No More Getting Carried - Call of Duty: Warzone Introduces Solo Mode
Activision has announced the anticipated solo mode for their newest Battle Royale, Warzone.
It works exactly like how you'd imagine it to - it's you versus 149 other players eager to prove their skills, completing contracts and racing against the gas circle to be crowned champion.
The Gulag still functions as it would in multiplayer - if you get knocked out, you'll have one chance to redeem yourself in a mirror match against another prisoner of war. However, if you get knocked out here, it's the end of the road for you as there are no squadmates to buy you back.
According to Activision's blog post, here are the top 5 tips for solo play:
5. Going Solo? Intel is Your Best Teammate. Along with paying attention to the Tac Map and Compass, be especially thorough about finding, and equipping, reconnaissance tools such as the Recon Drone, Heartbeat Monitor, and UAV.
4. Same Gulag. Same Player Count. No Buybacks. You only have one life to live in Solos. Make it count, both in the Gulag and out in Verdansk.
3. Consider Picking Up Contracts. This especially goes for Recon Contracts, as in Solos, the station capture time is halved compared to other modes. Complete Contracts and get Cash to further build up your loadout at Buy Stations.
2. … and Stay Down. Self-Revive Kits are in Solos. If it’s getting late into a game and you’re wary of an enemy after knocking them to zero health, double check that they are out for good before moving on.
1. Learn from Your Solos. While you may have less of a chance at winning Solos, take the lessons you learn into your next game with the squad. Who knows? A few Solos matches could be the difference between losing your next Battle Royale trios game and a hard-fought victory.
You can check out the full blog post here, or hop straight into the game to vie for your first solo victory.